Green Vegans is a solutions-oriented vegan environmental and justice organization that sees human behavior—our human ecology—as both the cause and cure for the most important issues of our time: environmental destruction; loss of biodiversity; climate change; human overpopulation; social and economic injustice, and unsustainable economic systems.
Green Vegans has adopted the field of study—human ecology—to demonstrate how our decisions and behaviors create the relationships between ourselves and the living communities of Earth.
There is only one problem, and that is our human ecology. It reflects what humanity has done wrong and what it now can do right.
Earth and its ecosystems require from all of us, not one change, but many.
We address the issues from the perspective of achieving Seven Goals that are linked and interdependent in their causes and solutions. This means we are simultaneously addressing human overpopulation, social and economic injustice, unsustainable consumption where it exists, the absolute necessity of veganism, destructive and unjust economic systems, and the need to nurture and increase our love, empathy, and proactive compassion towards each other and all species and ecosystems.
Everything Green Vegans Does And Asks of You Is to Win These Seven Goals.
They Are the Pillars of The New Human Ecology.
- Healthy, intact ecosystems that dominate the global landscapes, airscapes, and seascapes.
- A vegan, organic, and just consumer lifestyle oriented to sustainable efficiencies and relationships.
- Social and economic justice for all with transparency in public and corporate institutions.
- An immediate negative human population growth based on natural attrition.
- Economic systems that are ecologically sustainable and restorative, enable social and economic justice and operate within the new human ecology.
- An increase in empathy, love, and compassion towards all beings and ecosystems.
- Appropriate, sustainable, and equitable consumption of goods and services.